savory tuna mini sandwiches
These little tuna mini sandwiches are super easy to make and are perfect appetizers for get-togethers, a light lunch or even a snack. I love tuna mixed with anything pickled or savory so I'm kinda obsessed with this combo. It definitely has a Mediterranean taste to it...so good!
- Canned Tuna (I prefer the Trader Joe's tuna in water with no salt added)
- Kalamata Olives
- Sandwich Pickle Slices (I like the Kosher Organic ones, also from Trader Joe's)
- Dijon Mustard
- Fresh Basil
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon Juice
- Olive Oil
- San Francisco Style Sourdough Bread
- Mix the tuna with a dash of olive oil, a squeeze of lemon and handful of capers & olives in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut the bread into slices and spread dijon mustard on top.
- Take a couple of slices of pickles and cut into smaller pieces. Place top of the bread slices.
- Spoon the tuna mixture on top of the pickles.
- Tear little pieces of basil to add to the top of the tuna
- Eat as an open faced sandwich or place another slice of bread with dijon on top.
Spent the weekend in Big Bear celebrating birthdays with some dear friends. Had a blast! Went to the local bowling alley for black light bowling (had the most random 80s videos playing on a big screen above the lanes; Depeche Mode, Whitesnake, Motley Crue...was pretty happy about this). All in all, a great weekend with some much needed relaxation.
Just found out that Mad Men is back April 7th...and Game of Thrones is back the end of March. Cannot wait. Anyone else excited about this?