how to make lavender and vanilla perfume
I've always wanted to do this and it's so incredibly easy. I stopped wearing commercial perfume a couple of years ago when I found out that most are filled with toxic chemicals. I've also stopped using any lotion or product that contains "fragrance" unless they specifically list exactly what they use.
Really it doesn't matter because I can create wonderful smelling scented oils or homemade perfumes myself!
Here's how to make lavender and vanilla perfume...
For this one I used:
- Organic Sunflower Oil (has little to no scent so it lets the vanilla and lavender shine)
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil
- Organic Vanilla Absolute
- Fill the bottle 7/8 of the way full (I used a 1/2 ounce bottle from Mountain Rose Herbs).
- Add two drops of vanilla absolute.
- Add three drops of lavender essential oil.
- You can also add actual lavender flowers in as well for extra scent, but it's not required to make it smell good :)
- Put the cap on the bottle and gently roll in your hands to mix the oils.
- Dab on your neck and wrists.
I really, really love the smell of this perfume, so pretty! Everything you need to make this scented oil (including the lavender flowers) is available at my affiliate, Mountain Rose Herbs. Check out my other natural beauty posts for more great ideas!